2023年山东省潍坊市中考 – 阅读理解A
Joel: You’re not going to believe this, My dad is running in this!
乔尔:你不会相信的,我爸爸在这里面跑步!
Debbie: Your dad? The marathon? I didn’t know he liked doing sport.
黛比:你爸爸?马拉松?我不知道他喜欢运动。
Joel: Well, he doesn’t, really. He does a bit of running now and then, and he goes to the gym and that sort of thing. But there’s no way he could finish a marathon.
乔尔:嗯,他不是,真的。他偶尔会跑步,然后去健身房之类的。但他不可能跑完马拉松。
Three days later
三天以后
Pete: So Joel, how did your dad do?
皮特:乔尔,你爸爸怎么样?
Joel: Hahahaha ... it took him 7 hours and 12 minutes.
乔尔:哈哈哈。。。他花了7小时12分钟。
Jess: So he finished it? That’s fantastic!
杰斯:所以他完成了?太棒了!
Joel: Yeah, but guess what? He was slower than any other runner in the race!
乔尔:是的,但你猜怎么着?他在比赛中比其他任何跑步者都慢!
Pete: Still we’re talking about 26 miles here. That’s an awful lot of running. There’s no way I could do that!
皮特:我们还在谈论26英里。跑步太累了。我绝对做不到!
Debbie: It would take me more than a month. And honestly, Joel, do you think you could do it?
黛比:我要花一个多月的时间。老实说,乔尔,你觉得你能做到吗?
Joel: That’s not the point. It took him more than 7 hours. So embarrassing!
乔尔:这不是重点。他花了7个多小时。太尴尬了!
Jess: So what? He set himself a goal, and he did it. At the end of the day, that’s what matters.
杰西:那又怎样?他给自己定了一个目标,然后他做到了。归根结底,这才是最重要的。
Joel: Well, perhaps you’re right. I’ve never thought about it like that, I suppose.
乔尔:好吧,也许你是对的。我想,我从来没有这样想过。
共有 0 条评论