鲁米的诗(1)
A meditation on Rumi and the power of poetry(1)
By Leili Anvar
When I left Iran, I was 15 years old.
当我离开伊朗时,我15岁。
I had only taken with me a suitcase of clothes and a few books.
我身上只带了一袋衣服和几本书。
Or so I thought.
或者说我是这么想的。
I was wrong.
我错了。
I had taken with me, in me, an invaluable treasure: the Persian language.
我随身带着无价的宝藏:波斯语。
A millennium-old language that emerged from the beginning as the language of poetry.
一种已有一千多年历史的语言,一开始就作为一种诗歌语言出现。
Persian was the language of my childhood paradise, the language of tales and nursery rhymes.
波斯语是我童年天堂的语言,故事和儿歌的语言。
But I had to leave the Garden of Eden.
但我不得不离开伊甸园。
It is through the experience of exile that I came to realize that what I had lost was, yes, a country,a house, a garden.
流亡的经历让我认识到我失去的是一个国家,房子,花园。
I had been severed from my land, from the landscapes of lran, from the reassuring presence of Mount Damavand, covered with snow.
我与我的土地分离,与伊朗的风景分离,与白雪皑皑的、心旷神怡的达马万德山分离。
But nobody could bereave me of my motherland if my motherland was my mother tongue.
但没有人能切断我与祖国的联系,如果祖国是我的母语。
Within me what was alive was the language.
我内心活着的是语言。
What makes me lranian is Persian.
使我成为伊朗人的是波斯语。
Specifically, the treasure of Persian poetry.
尤其是波斯诗歌的宝库。
So I started reading poetry, learning poems by heart, so that I could take them everywhere with me.
于是我开始读诗并背诵诗歌,所以我可以随身携带它。
So that I could feel home whereverI go.
所以无论我走到哪里,我都能有宾至如归的感觉。
I embarked on a poeticjourney that is still going on.我开始了一段至今仍在进行的诗意之旅。
My guide on this journey was no less than Rumi, the Persian mystic poet of the 13thcentury.
这次旅程的向导是鲁米,13世纪神秘的波斯诗人。
Persian was the language of my childhood paradise, the language of tales and nurseryrhymes.
波斯语是我童年天堂的语言,故事和儿歌的语言。
But I had to leave the Garden of Eden.
但我不得不离开伊甸园。
It is through the experience of exile that I came to realize that what I had lost was, yes, a country,a house, a garden.
流亡的经历让我认识到我失去的是一个国家,房子,花园。
I had been severed from my land, from the landscapes of lran, from the reassuring presence of Mount Damavand, covered with snow.
我与我的土地分离,与伊朗的风景分离,与白雪皑皑的、心旷神怡的达马万德山分离。
But nobody could bereave me of my motherland ifmy motherland was my mother tongue.
但没有人能切断我与祖国的联系,如果祖国是我的母语。
Within me what was alive was the language.
我内心活着的是语言。
What makes me lranian is Persian.
使我成为伊朗人的是波斯语。
Specifically, the treasure of Persian poetry.
尤其是波斯诗歌的宝库。
So I started reading poetry, learning poems by heart, so that I could take them everywhere with me.
于是我开始读诗并背诵诗歌,所以我可以随身携带它。
So that I could feel home wherever I go.
所以无论我走到哪里,我都能有宾至如归的感觉。
I embarked on a poeticjourney that is still going on.
我开始了一段至今仍在进行的诗意之旅。
My guide on this journey was no less than Rumi, the Persian mystic poet of the 13th century.
这次旅程的向导是鲁米,13世纪神秘的波斯诗人。
In the prologue of his opus magnum, comparing his poetic work to the song of the reed flute, he says,
在介绍他的主要工作时,他将自己的诗作比作芦笛之歌,并说,
"Listen to this reed flute. Listen how it complains. Telling the tale of separations. Saying.Ever since I was severed from the reed bed. Men and women have moaned in unison with my lament. I want a bosom torn by separation that I may unfold the pain of love-desire.Whoever is left far from the origin longs to return to the time of union."
“听听这芦笛声。听听它如何抱怨,它讲述了一个分手的故事:自从我离开芦苇床,男男女女齐声抱怨我的哀叹,我想要一个因分离而撕裂的拥抱,以便我可以宣泄爱欲的痛苦。所有远离原点的人都渴望回到联合的时代。"
I remember quite vividly the first time I heard those lines.
我对第一次听到这些诗句的时刻印象深刻。
It was in 1982, during the Iran-Iraq war when Tehran was bombarded.
那是在1982年两伊战争期间,德黑兰被轰炸时
There was a circle of poets and poetry lovers who would gather every Friday,notwithstanding the risks, to read and listen to poetry.
有一群诗人和诗歌爱好者,每周五都会聚集在一起,不顾风险,阅读和聆听诗歌。
My father took me to those gatherings.
我父亲带我去参加那些聚会。
I didn't understand, far from it, all the poetry I heard in those days, and many lines have left my memory.
我完全不明白那些日子里听到的所有诗句,但很多诗句都已经留在了我的记忆中。
But those lines by Rumi, oh my God.
但鲁米的那些诗句,我的天啊。
A whole world opened in front of me.
整个世界向我敞开了。
And Rumi became my companion for life. My companion of exile.
鲁米成为我一生的伴侣,我流亡路上的同伴。
So in exile I read his poetry, I listened to the reed, listened to the reed again and again and said those poems aloud.
所以我在流亡途中读了他的诗,我听着芦苇的声音,一遍又一遍地听着芦苇的声音,大声说出了那些诗。
I wrote my PhD thesis and two books on his works.
我的博士论文和两本书都与他的诗作有关。
I translated many of his poems.
我翻译了他的很多诗。
It is said that Rumi's work is an ocean from which shore no traveler returns.
据说鲁米的作品是一片海洋,无客可归。
I can definitely bear witness to that.
我绝对可以证明这一点。
What does the poet mean with this magnificent prologue?
诗人这段精彩的介绍到底想表达什么意思呢?
整理:2024年3月21日于财培中心
版权声明:
作者:lichengxin
链接:https://www.techfm.club/p/116250.html
来源:TechFM
文章版权归作者所有,未经允许请勿转载。
共有 0 条评论